Sunday, April 3, 2011

CE: Small

" Whoa! I can't believe how small you are!!"
"Syyyyyyyyyyyyyhhh.."

The theme for CreativeEveryday- "small"... yet again brought me to the time when I fantasized about the world of fairies and the invisible magical world. The illustration above showed exactly how I would've reacted if I saw one of them. Any bigger than that (or uglier).. I would've fainted, I think.

Back in 1980s.. when I was in a primary school in Kuala Terengganu, there was a little rumors (which later turned to be one of the biggest 'news' throughout Malaysia) that went around the neighboring school- some kids saw 'little people'/ orang kenit who had their own little village under the big trees at the end of my school field. Yes, the kids aged between 7 to 10 years really saw these little people who seemed 'invisible' to the grown-ups' eyes. Some of them saw the little people entering the classroom and playing around while the teacher was teaching. Imagine how the teacher freaked out when the student told her, " Teacher, he's on your desk!." A few of the kids actually met the  little village's Leader and found that the latter had his own aeroplane too! Cool, huh? That year, so many reporters came by the school and interviewed these kids for the newspapers, magazines and TV. Until one day, one of the kids said, the little people finally decided to leave the place because humans came and disturbed their place. So, just like that.. the story ended. Where on earth did they go?

I did wish to check out if it was true but my parents already warned me, "Don't even think about it!"- well, sort of. I wonder why those little people didn't come to my school, sometimes. Such a mystery. Many people think these kids made up the stories to gain attention or they were just their imagination. Hmm.. I don't know why would the kids do that. Sometimes, the only people you can trust are kids. They don't lie. They tell you what they see.. and that's that!

There's so much we don't know about this world.. no matter how far and how many countries you have been. God's creations are so vast & variety. There's no denying in that. When you know so much, there's still so much you don't know. 

Ilmu Allah sangat luas.. 

Nothing is impossible :)


Oh, by the way, if you're interested.. come & join my Contest-Giveaway til 15th April! Just for the FUN of it..
Click HERE!







7 comments:

Euphy said...

Dear ET,
Secara automatiknya I'm extremely jealous of people who can doodle a masterpiece and color until the artpiece comes alive. :)

DoodleDesign said...

hiiihii.. nice of you to drop by, Euphy. But I'm also jealous you are so creative with your crafts too ;)

Unknown said...

Nice expression of the girl :-)

I agree with you, children don't lie. They say what they see. The world is full of mystery and you never know what reality actually is!

This reminds me of The Borrowers by Mary Norton, one of my favorite book :-)

DoodleDesign said...

Thanks Pavinee!
Oh yesss.. The Borrowers!- I'd love to watch the movie again :)

Tequitia said...

Cute illustration!

Mutiara Bernilai said...

so cute la ET!

hope im oso hv d talent like u..

^___^

sejuk mate mmandang doodle ni sume.. :)

DoodleDesign said...

Thanks, T.Andrew..

Timakaseh, Mutiara Bernilai.. I'm sure you've your own talent too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...