Friday, December 10, 2010

What to do-or..?

I rarely do crafts. Really. Not because I'm not good at it (erkhem2x..!) but.. I like to draw & paint more.

I just had to use her cute little face here! eee..!!!

Today I've done something I haven't done in years. It's quite an 'ancient' craft because I remember that the last time I did this must be before I was even a teenager. And it's all because of the door.

Yup.. The door leading to my messy studio room. As this is a rented apartment, I refrained myself from using any hammer and nails.. so I thought I'll just stick to double-sided tapes- which worked just fine but I don't know for how long.

I'm calling this as some kind of an installation Art Project...hehe.. Well, I'm just going to decorate the door with a variety of stuff.. or junks that I've collected over the years.

Here's what I've got so far: An aeroplane that I put together from a leftover mounting board... a couple of clouds from the soft wrapping sheets that came with the printer early this year.. a small plastic-gift-box from my friend's wedding.. that hanging bookmark which I bought in Korea last 4 years.. and uh, that white frame which was designed for car plate numbers- I had it with me for more than 10years already. I think I bought it in the States.


Now, back to the 'ancient' craft I was talking about..
As you might have suspected.. I always looked forward for Art Classes during school days. I'm sure many of you know this craft..but I can't recall what's the name of this technique ..? Do you know?


I still remember when the Art teacher (who was also our math, english, ilmu alam & kajian tempatan and maybe Pendidikan Jasmani .. teacher too) reminded us to bring any types of papers to school- from magazines or newspaper, some glue/ kanji, scissors and a mechanical pencil with hard nose... as the next day we were going to have a craft project. So.. I'll be coming to school armed with the stuff and ready to take on any new Art&Craft challenges. At that time, this seemed to be a more enjoyable thing to do. But today, I thought, "Sheesh! Leceh plak mende nih.. why it's taking so long..?".. Oh well, age is catching up..perhaps?

Finally, it's done.. not really..but I just had to stop there.



Phew..! And this is just a small dimension. I wonder how I managed to accomplish something like this on a full sheet of drawing paper with buah-buahan tempatan/ local fruits? Was I more patient as a little kid?

A little peek at my messy Studio..jeng jeng.

Aahh.. That's all for now, folks! I'm off to do some painting. I've more patience for that.. heh.

Enjoy your weekend..wherever you are.

I hope I'm going to have a nice one since my anniversary is coming up on Sunday :). No biggie.. Just received a new laptop from bee which I'm so thankful and totally excited about. It was such a nice surprise gift..now I'm not sure what to get him..? huuu.

4 comments:

NINJA said...

Hi ET! It is collage! and i like it very much simply bcoz i don't know how to draw...

DoodleDesign said...

That's it? Collage? hi hi hi
Thanks NINJA.. for dropping by :)

mangosteenskin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mangosteenskin said...

I don't have the patience even when I was a kid ET. I thought it would be beautiful if using tiny pieces of paper, using the same technique that you did here...but then, after the sky and some small parts of the sea, I ended up patching some strips of paper. Anyway, I love collage and mosaic art, as well as cross-stitch and crochet...but I guess, I'm impatient. I can't wait to see them complete.

Anyway, if indeed we are more patient as a kid, I think it's because we don't have much responsibility back then. We have mom or other siblings to tackle the dishes, laundry or cook dinner. Hehe.

Lastly, I just wanna say that I simply love the colors you used for the cap. Kalau completekan lagi collage ni sampai habis mesti lagi umph ni ET. Hehe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget