Friday, December 10, 2010

What to do-or..?

I rarely do crafts. Really. Not because I'm not good at it (erkhem2x..!) but.. I like to draw & paint more.

I just had to use her cute little face here! eee..!!!

Today I've done something I haven't done in years. It's quite an 'ancient' craft because I remember that the last time I did this must be before I was even a teenager. And it's all because of the door.

Yup.. The door leading to my messy studio room. As this is a rented apartment, I refrained myself from using any hammer and nails.. so I thought I'll just stick to double-sided tapes- which worked just fine but I don't know for how long.

I'm calling this as some kind of an installation Art Project...hehe.. Well, I'm just going to decorate the door with a variety of stuff.. or junks that I've collected over the years.

Here's what I've got so far: An aeroplane that I put together from a leftover mounting board... a couple of clouds from the soft wrapping sheets that came with the printer early this year.. a small plastic-gift-box from my friend's wedding.. that hanging bookmark which I bought in Korea last 4 years.. and uh, that white frame which was designed for car plate numbers- I had it with me for more than 10years already. I think I bought it in the States.


Now, back to the 'ancient' craft I was talking about..
As you might have suspected.. I always looked forward for Art Classes during school days. I'm sure many of you know this craft..but I can't recall what's the name of this technique ..? Do you know?


I still remember when the Art teacher (who was also our math, english, ilmu alam & kajian tempatan and maybe Pendidikan Jasmani .. teacher too) reminded us to bring any types of papers to school- from magazines or newspaper, some glue/ kanji, scissors and a mechanical pencil with hard nose... as the next day we were going to have a craft project. So.. I'll be coming to school armed with the stuff and ready to take on any new Art&Craft challenges. At that time, this seemed to be a more enjoyable thing to do. But today, I thought, "Sheesh! Leceh plak mende nih.. why it's taking so long..?".. Oh well, age is catching up..perhaps?

Finally, it's done.. not really..but I just had to stop there.



Phew..! And this is just a small dimension. I wonder how I managed to accomplish something like this on a full sheet of drawing paper with buah-buahan tempatan/ local fruits? Was I more patient as a little kid?

A little peek at my messy Studio..jeng jeng.

Aahh.. That's all for now, folks! I'm off to do some painting. I've more patience for that.. heh.

Enjoy your weekend..wherever you are.

I hope I'm going to have a nice one since my anniversary is coming up on Sunday :). No biggie.. Just received a new laptop from bee which I'm so thankful and totally excited about. It was such a nice surprise gift..now I'm not sure what to get him..? huuu.

4 comments:

NINJA said...

Hi ET! It is collage! and i like it very much simply bcoz i don't know how to draw...

DoodleDesign said...

That's it? Collage? hi hi hi
Thanks NINJA.. for dropping by :)

mangosteenskin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mangosteenskin said...

I don't have the patience even when I was a kid ET. I thought it would be beautiful if using tiny pieces of paper, using the same technique that you did here...but then, after the sky and some small parts of the sea, I ended up patching some strips of paper. Anyway, I love collage and mosaic art, as well as cross-stitch and crochet...but I guess, I'm impatient. I can't wait to see them complete.

Anyway, if indeed we are more patient as a kid, I think it's because we don't have much responsibility back then. We have mom or other siblings to tackle the dishes, laundry or cook dinner. Hehe.

Lastly, I just wanna say that I simply love the colors you used for the cap. Kalau completekan lagi collage ni sampai habis mesti lagi umph ni ET. Hehe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...